SERVICENOW ADMIN AND DEVELOPMENT
During this 3-day interactive training course you will implement various system administration functions in your own instance, which is a safe sandbox to perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks:
• Perform core configuration tasks.
• Work with UI Policies, Data Policies, UI Actions, Business Rules and Client Scripts.
• Use the Mobile Platform.
• Activate Plugins.
• Add users, groups, and roles.
• Manage data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets.
• Work with two key Process Applications: Knowledge Base and Service Catalog.
• Create Workflow activities and approvals.
• Configure Alerts and Notifications.
• View Upgrade History and Status.
• Control System Access and Data Security.
• Create Baseline Performance Metrics.
• Run Reports, configure SLAs, and perform Instance Branding and Customization.
• Integrate social IT elements and learn best practices. We weave a scenario throughout our course to present real world, relevant lab exercises. The 3-day class features lecture and group discussions, as well extensive hands-on practice and reinforcement delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks, and a comprehensive case study. Click here to view the entire course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new ServiceNow System Administrators, those who are 0-3 months into a new deployment.
The Foundations online learning course has six modules which introduce the ServiceNow platform and interface, where you explore what you can do on the platform. Class Schedule (includes 1 hour lunch break)- 3 days.
Service now Advanced Administration
Are you administering a ServiceNow system and need to fine-tune features based on your organization's needs? Want to learn how to automate more of your company processes? This two-day course provides hands-on practice for implementing new workflows and changing system settings.
Best Practices around a core set of ServiceNow applications are detailed and applied to course work.
Starting with a Requirements document, students implement workflows and system enhancements to a
ServiceNow system that has been in production for approximately 6-12 months.
A compelling story is woven throughout the course content and lab work to help students learn to:
• Capture class work in update sets to understand their purpose and movement.
• Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows.
• Coordinate Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout, cart controls, and variables.
• Create and link Content Management System (CMS) content blocks and pages to present a menu of services to ServiceNow users.
• Use a database view and trend data to do reporting. Field color assignment and security controls are discussed in relation to reporting.
• Implement a Web Services integration and learn about the possible data paths into ServiceNow.
• Set system controls that direct the right data to the right users at the right time.
• Investigate performance issues, learn troubleshooting tools, and use system logs to find issues.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for ServiceNow administrators and consultants who maintain ServiceNow systems that have been in production for approximately 6-12 months and successfully passed the System
• Certified System Administrator
• scripting in ServiceNow is highly recommended
• 2 day, Onsite Instructor Led training course
Scripting in Service Now
During this interactive training course you will perform scripting functions in your own instance. This will provide a safe sandbox for practicing and becoming comfortable with both client side and server side scripting, including UI policies, business rules, and best practices.
The course content and lab work help students learn to:
• Determine when it is appropriate to script
• Configure a ServiceNow instance for Scripting
• Write, test, and debug client side scripts
o Client Scripts o UI Policies o UI Scripts
• Write, test, and debug server side scrip
o Business Rules
o UI Actio